Friday, June 12, 2009

Maybe we ARE in Kansas, Toto!

Recently, I have been staying with my older sis in her new apartment in Plano.
While we have been here, we’ve helped her move in, I’ve worked on some odd projects for me, and we’ve eaten… A TON!
One night we were setting something up in her apartment and heard sirens. She lives near a fire department, so we thought little of it. However, they lasted FOREVER and we heard something being said, but I couldn’t understand it.
Well, our sweet tooth got the better of us and we walked down to a little donut shop to get a bite. It looked kinda gross outside, but it had been threatening to rain the whole day. It was really still and kinda eerie, but I still thought little of it. We got our donuts and started the two minute walk home. It started raining before we could get inside, so we quickly scooted in a different entrance to her apartment as not to get wet. You see, we haven’t had consistent internet or TV, so we hadn’t checked the weather all week. When we got in, mom was on the phone with dad. He said that there had been a tornado! After we got over the shock, we cracked up! You see, one of my sisters had heard something about a tornado warning, but didn’t realize the difference between warning and watch and was pretty certain we were safe. She actually told us she heard it before we left, but we didn’t hear her. The next day my older sister went to work and her co-workers told her they thought the tornado had blown within two miles of where we walked. We wondered why it was so still, now we know. What’s really funny is almost anytime there is a tornado, my family is out and about, usually eating. I just thought you’d like to hear this humorous true story.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, sounds exactly like something y'all would do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know everyone i talked to said the same thing! Hahahaha. Well, i guess that's a good thing. My family is the daring type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a nasty storm, Kristen! and, I know that because it came right over our house, too! and Plano is only like 15 minutes from my house!!

    ReplyDelete