Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Well that's the update on my life right now.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
6. TO BE ENTITLED
8. An Act mandating medical facilities and doctors that assist in performing abortions to
9. provide more information to women seeking abortion and declaring an emergency.
11. To be enacted by the YMCA Youth Legislature of the State of Texas.
13. Section 1. Definitions Clause:
14. A. Medical Facility: any location that is offering medical assistance.
15. B. Abortion: Intentional termination of a developing human fetus.
16. C. Touch of Life Fetal Models, 1st Trimester TOL, Item Number 7556FT: Models of 7, 8,
17. 9, and 10 week old human fetuses.
18. D. Touch of Life Fetal Models, Item Number 7550TL: Models of 12, 20, 26 and 30
19. week old human fetuses.
21. Section 2. Purpose Clause:
22. To help women make well informed decisions about having abortions.
24. Section 3. Provisions Clause:
25. Doctors and clinics which perform abortions must provide the following information to
26. women seeking abortions prior to the abortion.
27. A. What the human fetus inside a woman looks like using Touch of Life Fetal Models, 1st
28. Trimester TOL, Item Number 7556FT and Touch of Life Fetal Models, Item Number
30. B. The potential immediate, near, and long term emotional and physical health risks of having an
31. abortion using an informational video to be made by the Texas Health Department and
32. approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the State of Texas.
34. Section 4. Penalty Clause:
35.A doctor and medical facility refusing to comply will have their license suspended until they
37. Section 5. Effective Date Clause:
38. This Act will take effect one (1) year after the passage of this bill.
I'm in a program called youth and government that is associated with the YMCA. I am participating as a Senator of the Texas congress and the above is my bill. Please pray that i have words to speak to the kids that will be there. I will post more as soon as i can.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
2. Give the award to 5 of your favorite blogs, give a reason, and leave a comment telling them they have been awarded.
3. Answer the 10 random questions.
1) Well thank you for tagging me Moriah. I love to talk to her at choir. She's very sweet and her blog is always fun to check because she actually updates hers ;-)
2) I am going to take off the part that you guys have to go back through and tag people. But here are some of the blogs i follow: Leah's blog: wood between the worlds, i just like Leah and checking up on how life is going. Photos by Zac because i like pictures :D Lauren's(shiphramidwife) because it inspires me and she is doing a great work and i got to see her journey begin. then Josh's because it also is inspiring because of what he talks about and it makes me ponder about what i believe. Finally, Morgan's because it also has great pictures.
If you want the name of those blogs let me know, i'll post them
1. Have you ever ridden an elephant?
2. Have you ever eaten squid?
3. What is something crazy you have done with your friend?
5. Have you ever let a snake slither through your fingers?
Yes, but it was big so it didn't really slither
6. What is your first and foremost dream in life?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. What is the funniest movie you have ever seen?
Oh, uhhhhh, i can't do this!
I would have less tolerance for bad stuff and more tolerance for Christianity!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Here's a good one. We Live by Superchic[k]. If you are allowed to get on Youtube, go check this link out. Listen to the lyrics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCxZvD_wZ6I
The following are the lyrics that really touch me:
"Waking up to another dark morning
People are mourning
The weather in life outside is storming
But what would it take for the clouds to break
For us to realize each day is a gift somehow, someway
So get our heads up out of the darkness
And spark this new mindset and start to live life cuz it ain't gone yet"