Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sea Monkeys ("It's the start of something new")

Ever since the beginning of school when I learned we could own fish, I’ve wanted sea monkeys! However, I had been unsuccessful at finding this rarity. UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT! Well, seeing as I was RUSHING to curfew, I didn't buy my new pet(s), but patiently waited till I woke up on Saturday (at 1, then I took a shower, then I went and ate) to start BEGGING my friends (Alex, Jordan, and Lawson) to take me to Wal-Mart again. I eagerly asked what color container I should choose, green, blue, green, blue... at which point someone stated, "Green is my favorite color." It was decided. Green.


Well, I took my precious new friends to my room and then went and watched several movies.


Now, here I am, purifying my bottled water for my new friends. (Since sea monkeys are multiple beings, I don't know how I’m going to name them. Especially since they all look the same...). Here is a picture of the first stage: WATER PURIFICATION! Tomorrow, around this time, I will add the little tiny eggs. Then in a couple days, I will begin to see them. Oh, the joy. I'm so excited! I haven't seen sea monkeys since I was a kid.


You want to know the best part? They are supposed to live for at least two years!!! I'm so elated by this.


Well, I’ll keep y'all posted on this exciting adventure. Here is the first picture!


P.S. If you want to know what sea monkeys are go to http://www.sea-monkeys.com/

1 comment: