Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Abilene PART 2!

Well, i know it's been a while since my first Abilene post, but here's what happened the rest of the time.
Friday we got up "early" and went to the campus of ACU. I met a lot of nice people, and talked to a counselor. then the preview day started. They gave us a baggie of goodies, and then the president, Dr. Royce Money, talked to us and gave us their promises, which included, being exceptional, real and one other thing that escapes my mind at this time.
then we went to chapel, which was fun because we sat on the floor and everyone was glad that we were checking out their school. After that, i talked to a physics proffessor, and he had a ton of great information that is really making me ponder what i should do with my life. It's confusing. I have a couple of options, but i don't know which one God wants me to go for.
After that we rushed to lunch and i gobbled it down as fast as possible because i needed to get to my ACT! Ahhh!!!! And i was running late. . .
Thankfully i made it there on time and took the test, and did pretty well on it for my first pass.

here is what i've been really excited to share! I went to dinner with a friend and then she told us of Abilene's balloon fest (airballoon that is). When we got there we realized that there was one family who was giving tethered airballoon rides!!!!! So we hoped in and up up up we went, about 40 ft or so later we felt like we were on top of the world... that is until they pulled us down so others could experience the same feeling. It was a blast!

The rest of the weekend was spent at the mall and a football game, which was intense (both the mall and the football game). We won the football game, but only barely. It was an exctiting weekend, and i am seriously considering my options for schools. Other schools are going to have to really work to defeat ACU!

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool, sounds like fun! :) Yes EVEN going to the mall. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Yes, the mall was intense because we went shoe shopping, which isn't my spiritual gift.
    But we succeeded! And mom and i got to chill together :D

    ReplyDelete