Thursday, March 11, 2010

Life In Gen

Recently i have been saying just in Life in general. I wish i had... This is the one i keep repeating: i wish i had wisdom for college, but really just life in general. This is all after a friend told me to read James 1:5:
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." (to read more check out http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James%201&version=NIV).

Today i took a day off from life and went to the beach to pray for wisdom. It was a great time and although i'm not sure i'm any wiser, but i do know that it was a beneficial day.

This isn't a great post, but i thought i'd just let y'all know what i'm thinking about. I will try to fix this post up later, but i'm exhausted!

3 comments:

  1. Wisdom is something I know I need a lot more of too. :) That's great that you took a day off just to talk with God and ask him for wisdom. That sounds lovely...by the beach and all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I lack in wisdom. Great post Kristen! Aw, that sounds like a great idea. To walk along the beach, alone with our Maker! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't leave without leaving a word or two! That post is so beautiful, not boring and plain, but rather very true. It speaks your heart and it brings across the message that we all are helpless and can only find that perfect reassurance at the feet of Jesus once again. Walking on the beach, ah so lovely! Something I once did, and it sets a whole different perspective. What you did, taking a day off from life, is the best thing. I'm often down, and the only hope is coming to Jesus and running in his arms again! I struggle with college/future as well. Wanting to know God's will for my life and not acting out of my own way. Your post was quite touching and very beautiful. Your sincere heart was weak and you just knew that the Lord is the greatest help!

    P.S. I realized, that you have six of my friends! :)

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete